Due Date: 28.9 2018. The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges seeks proposals from all over the world to fund communication projects to mitigate anthropogenic climate change.
- Promote efforts to protect the natural environment, primarily through the support of national and international projects.
- Prevent or limit man-made global climate changes.
- Focus on influencing public opinion, providing inspiration, changing attitudes, spreading information, etc., all meant to have an impact on decision-makers in society. Their ultimate goal is to reach as many people as possible in the hope of limiting and helping to prevent global climate changes.
- Support efforts which are innovative, experimental and untested, and will prioritise means and measures which are likely to have the strongest possible impact at any given time.
- Concentrate efforts on projects which might otherwise be difficult to put into effect, and intends to support venturesome projects that can, if successful, yield great results. Given the choice between many small projects and a few larger projects, the Foundation will generally select the larger ones.
- Projects that use innovative and experimental communication measures to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Prioritising politically oriented communication.
- Supporting new voices, actors and narratives in the climate debate, and value diversity.
- Innovative messages and strategies are more important than the innovative use of channels and media.
- Supporting experienced organisations and networks.