Closing Date: 3.9 2018. The United Nations Population Fund invites bids from media institutions, under the Combating Gender‐based Violence Project, for culturally sensitive yet innovative ways to address gender-based violence in Mongolia. Up to 2 proposals for public awareness and messaging strategies will be selected. Bids should also incorporate how the media institution plans to sensitize journalists and the media industry on GBV/ DV reporting.
- Raise awareness on GBV/DV prevention of the general public, including men, women, boys, girls, elderly, disabled, the LGBTQ community and ethnic minority groups;
- Engage and mobilize the public in advocating for the sensitization of GBV and DV (including young people, men and women, elderly, disabled, the LGBTQ community and ethnic minority groups);
- Empower women and girls to access support services and resources on GBV/DV;
- Address gender inequality as root causes of violence; and
- Empower young people, minority groups and other vulnerable groups to access support services and resources on GBV/DV.
The Combating Gender‐based Violence (CGBV) Project is co‐financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), UNFPA and the Government of Mongolia.