Concept Notes due 30.8 2018. The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations to counter violent extremism, with increased engagement of the Government. The specific objective(s) of this call for proposals is to support the design and implementation of Civil Society initiatives to Prevent and Counter Violent Extremism, through projects of 6-12 months in duration.
Actions must take place in one of the following regions and countries:
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan).
- Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia).
- MENA Region (Jordan)
- Education and Countering Violent Extremism: Protecting schools and universities as a safe space, both physically and intellectually to increase the resilience against radicalisation and recruitment. Involving parents and family members on values-based education.
- Youth civic engagement and leadership: Building the resilience of youth susceptible to radicalisation leading to violent extremism and providing a sense of belonging to their communities/the society.
- Society/Community resilience to Radicalisation leading to Violent Extremism: Promoting inclusive peace and reconciliation, encouraging tolerance and respect of religious and/or ethnic minorities.
Lead applicants must be non-profit / non-governmental (a) civil society organisations, (b) community-based organisations, or (c) private sector agencies; with substantive presence and strong grassroots level experience in any of the
countries mentioned above.
STRIVE-Global is a programme funded by the European Union (EU) under the Instrument Contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP). Focused on prevention, the overall
objective of the programme is to build the capacity of state and non-state actors to effectively challenge radicalization and recruitment to terrorism while continuing to respect human rights and international law.
The specific objective is to work with local partners to design, implement and develop approaches that have a demonstrable impact on the threat posed by radicalization and recruitment to terrorism. Its long term component (stable situations) aims to assist in addressing global and transregional threats and emerging threats, including countering terrorism and preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) and radicalization, as in the case of STRIVE-Global.