Proposals Due 15.7 2018. The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) supports small-scale but high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with the six action areas that guide the Government of Canada’s international assistance:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the Embassy of Canada to Kosovo based in Zagreb, Croatia.
Maximum funding amount per project is CAD $20,000 (in recent years the average value of projects has been CAD $15,000).
In 2017, Canada adopted a Feminist International Assistance Policy to advance gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. In alignment with this policy, a Gender-Based Analysis will be a required element of the CFLI project application process.