Grants funding is available through the U.S. Embassy’s public diplomacy grants program for projects that increase mutual understanding between the U.S. and Macedonia; and promote the bilateral relationship.
Eligible Topic Areas: entrepreneurship and innovation; countering violent extremism; and cultural diversity and empowering underserved communities.
Eligible Activities: Including, but are not limited to:
- Youth engagement, leadership, and education programs, including initiatives that establish exchanges between the youth of Macedonia and the United States
- Bringing an American expert speaker or performer to Macedonia
- Conferences, workshops, forums, panel discussions, and master classes on American themes or issues of mutual interest
- Exhibitions of works by Americans or on American themes
- Cultural programs, particularly those that target youth and underserved communities
- Television and social media programming in support of the above objectives
The total amount available is expected to be up to $60,000. Most awards are expected to be between $5,000 and $7,000, with a maximum of $20,000.
U.S. NGOs and individuals may apply, but preference is given to partnerships that develop capacity of NGOs in Macedonia and include plans to transfer programs to sustainable local management.
The Embassy will accept proposals on a rolling basis throughout the year, until July 1, 2018, and will review proposals, subject to the availability of funds, on a quarterly basis: February 1, April 1, July 1.