Support for current and potential EU candidate countries and the countries of the Eastern Partnership in their attempts to fulfill conditions required by the EU accession processes. Applications can be submitted throughout the year, and will be considered based on first-come, first serve principle.
For Bosnia and Herzegovina, the objective is to contribute to social transformation, leading to a sustainable relationship between government and the citizens in the areas of plural democracy, the rule of law and human rights, using Dutch experience where possible. With this objective in mind, support is provided to civil society organizations to promote constructive dialogue between government and civil society through demand-driven projects.
Open to local non-governmental organizations, non-profit educational institutions, and semi-governmental organizations. Local organisations are encouraged to invite Dutch civil society organisations to help them implement their plans.
Grants Range: BAM 50,000 – 200.000. Project Duration: up to 24 months.
- Projects related to other than above listed themes cannot be approved;
- Projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. research and feasibility studies;
- Projects that largely or exclusively involve the delivery of goods or materials;
- Infrastructural or construction projects;
- Bursaries or education programmes;
- Humanitarian aid;
- Projects which are primarily a continuation of previous or ongoing projects, funded by the MATRA or by other donors.