Applications Due 2.5 2019. The Fund supports art and culture projects involving different Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the Aaland Islands). To qualify for funding, projects must involve Nordic relevance and co-operation, and further the development of art and culture.
Applications are accepted from individuals, groups, organizations, institutions, associations and companies. Applicants do not need to live in the Nordic Region or be Nordic citizens. Active and competent international partners ought to contribute resources to the project, either financially or in kind.
Grants are usually awarded for the event’s additional Nordic costs, e.g. travel expenses, fees and administration for workshops, performances, concerts, exhibitions, festivals, conferences, research projects, etc.
- projects outside of the arts and culture, e.g. sporting events
- the production and distribution of products, if that is the sole or primary purpose of the project, e.g. music, film and television, computer games, book publishing and translations
- tours, if they are not part of a wider-ranging Nordic co-operation
- internships and school trips
- individual or group participation in events (only the event organiser may seek funding for this purpose)
- institutions’ operating costs, and the construction and acquisition of technical equipment for operational use
- ongoing or already completed projects
- bilateral co-operation, that does not have a broader Nordic content or target group