The Accelerator is an eight-week program hosted in Washington, D.C. which provides intensive mentorship and training with particular emphasis on cloud technology. Early-stage startups are selected based on their ability to produce innovative technologies that manage, mitigate, predict, or prevent conflict and promote sustainable peace.
- Integrity, accountability and governance
- Countering violent extremism
- Managing resource scarcity
- Cybersecurity for stability and peacekeeping
- Veteran rehabilitation and Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) in post conflict countries
- Refugee protection and assistance
- Preventing gender violence
For-Profit Applicants must be appropriately incorporated, have successfully closed early stage seed funding, have established a strong founding team, have a well-developed business plan, and be able to scale on the cloud.
Non-Profit Applicants must be registered, have at least USD $50,000 in funding (revenues, grants, etc.), bring a strong founding team, and be able to scale on the cloud.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. The next cohort will begin in Spring 2019 (25.3 to 24.5 2019).
Participating startups will receive up to $50K in AWS credit, pitch to a group of potential investors, and be provided with unrivaled mentorship. C5 Accelerate invests $25,000 for a 5% equity stake in each participating company. Financial and visa assistance is available.