Prevention in Civil Protection and Marine Pollution [EC-Union Civil Protection Mechanism]

Due Date: 4.4 2019. The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to identify and finance projects aimed at strengthening cooperation within Europe on disaster prevention and preparedness. The UCPM aims to foster coherence and synergies between the climate change adaptation and disaster management/civil protection agendas.

Applicants must be private entities, public entities, or international organisations; legally established and operating in eligible countries; and directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the other applicants, i.e. not acting as an intermediary). Applications must be submitted by a consortium, in compliance with application guidelines. Applications by single applicants are NOT allowed.

Funding may be awarded to projects submitted under two separate topics: (1) Prevention and (2) Preparedness, each with its respective objectives, priorities and available budgets.

Prevention Projects

  • Objective 1: Integration of climate projections into disaster risk management.
  • Objective 2: Development of climate-resilient infrastructure

Total budget for co-financing: (a) EUR 1,500,000 for projects targeting UCPM Participating States (Internal Budget); and (b) EUR 900 000 for projects targeting the Enlargement countries not participating in the Mechanism and European Neighbourhood Policy countries (External Budget).

Preparedness Projects

  • Objective 1: Strengthening capacities for emergency response
  • Objective 2: Developing operational tools to facilitate emergency response
  • Objective 3: Reinforcing inter-sector and macro-regional response plans and procedures

Total budget for co-financing: (a) EUR 2,400,000 for projects targeting UCPM Participating States (Internal Budget); and (b) EUR 900 000 for projects targeting the Enlargement countries not participating in the Mechanism and European Neighbourhood Policy countries (External Budget).

For both Prevention and Preparedness projects, the co-funding rate will be 85% of total eligible costs. Each beneficiary must guarantee that the remaining 15% of its eligible costs are funded from sources other than the Union budget.

For proposals under the Internal Budget track, applicants must be legally established and operating in the EU member states, Iceland, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, and Overseas Countries and Territories.

For proposals under the External Budget track, applicants must be legally established and operating in eligible non-EU countries, namely (1) Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA) II countries not participating in the UCPM: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo; and (2) European Neighbourhood Policy countries: East (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and South (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia).

https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/ucpm-2019-pp-prev-ag