Applications Due 23.4 2019. Support for civil society and human rights defenders working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation.
Geographic Scope: Actions must take place in Montenegro. Where possible, applicants are encouraged to consider activities in disadvantaged areas, such as the north of Montenegro. When indispensable to the successful implementation of the project, some of the activities may take place in an EU Member States and/or any other eligible country.
Grants Range: EUR 60,000 – 150,000 (50% – 95% of the total eligible costs of the action). Project Duration: 12 – 24 months.
- pursue common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
- build consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy/li>
- enhance political representation and participation/li>
- enhance the inclusiveness and pluralism of civil society/li>
- increase safety structures for human rights defenders/li>
- counter the worrying trends of shrinking space for civil society/li>
- support activities aimed at promoting the issues covered by EU Human Rights guidelines and in the EUs Strategic Framework and Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy/li>
- enhance the rule of law and good governance/li>
Applicants are encouraged to consider the provision of support to third parties (sub-granting).
- actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses
- actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses
- actions concerned only or mainly with study visits or participation in international forums
- infrastructure projects or projects essentially focused on the purchase of equipment
- purchase and/or renovation of buildings or offices
- activities undertaken before signature of the contract
- actions aimed at profit making activities
- actions related to charitable donations
- actions already funded by other Community programmes