Closing Date: 9.9 2018. The Jan Michalski Foundation lies at the foot of the Swiss Jura Mountains in Montricher, approximately 30 minutes from Lausanne and one hour from Geneva. Residences available for all types of writers engaged in literary creation.
Six ‘Treehouses’ overlook Lake Geneva and the Alps while the seventh faces the Jura forest. One other ‘Treehouse’ serves as a kitchen and common living area and where writers can cook together, socialize and relax.
Stays in the Jan Michalski Foundation can be granted for individual projects or projects in pairs (e.g. writer-translator, writer-other discipline, writer-writer etc.). While priority is given to writers and translators, any other disciplines are welcome as long as writing is at the heart of the project.
- Residents’ travel costs to and from their home address will be covered by the Foundation.
- Residents are granted a monthly allowance of CHF 1200.
- The Foundation provides breakfast and lunch for residents and the village has a small grocery shop.
- Electric bikes are available for residents.
- Residents have free access to the library during the day.
- Residents are free to participate in cultural activities organized by the Foundation.
Requests for stays of 2 weeks or 1/2/3/6 months may be requested, with the Foundation reserving the right to determine periods depending on availability.