Closing Date: 15.8 2018. Routes4U aims to foster the Cultural Routes programme of the Council of Europe, focusing on: (a) Regional development, (b) Social participation, and (c) Cultural cooperation. Professionals are sought within the following fields of expertise:
- Regional development and/or sustainable growth;
- Social participation and/or cohesion;
- Cultural cooperation;
- Sustainable tourism;
- Protection of natural and cultural heritage;
- Communication and/or public relation work.
Applicants must have a thorough national-level knowledge of at least one of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden and/or Ukraine.
Gender and regional balance is highly sought. Diversity of expertise is encouraged from various areas of culture, economy, tourism, heritage conservation and creative industries. Excellent knowledge of English is also a prerequisite.
Experts will be required to carry out:
- Research on existing macro-regional policies in the field of the Cultural Routes as well as elaboration of new policies, guidelines or recommendations.
- Study on the economic, touristic and political situation in the four macro-regions, identifying challenges, opportunities and needs.
- Training on subjects related to the Cultural Routes such as marketing, sustainable tourism, small and medium-size entrepreneurships.
Once selected, experts may also be invited to work on other areas related to the cultural routes programme; to attend seminars and conferences; and to receive regular activity updates. Inclusion in the list, however, does not guarantee selection for consultancies.
Routes4U is a joint programme between the Council of Europe (Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes (EPA), Directorate General of Democracy) and the European Union (European Commission, Directorate-General Regional and Urban Policy) for 2017 until 2020.