Applications Due 28.4 2019. Program to lower barriers to podcasting and to increase the diversity of voices in the industry. Open to podcast ideas from around the world.
Six (6) teams will be selected to receive up to USD $40,000, mentorship, and 20 weeks of training in Boston/virtually at scheduled intervals. The training will start July 29, 2019 and conclude the week of December 9, 2019.
- Creative, engaged producers
- Fresh and compelling podcast ideas
- Range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices and styles
- Marginalized voices in the current podcasting landscape – whether due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, economic background, sexual orientation, age, physical abilities or some other reason – or efforts intended to reach an audience that self-identifies as marginalized in the podcasting landscape
- Clear sense of the target audience and the sound of the podcast
- Desire to make the podcasts sustainable in terms of growing revenue and audience
- Unstructured conversations
- Live storytelling
- Branded content
- Single-season or terminal podcasts