Open to self-identifying girls (ages 15-18) interested in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design, Mathematics) subjects. The camps are a safe, supportive, and girl-centered environment, bringing together 100 teen girls from three or more countries, to live and learn for two weeks together. WiSci facilitators teach girls to value taking risks, to bounce back after failing, and to build the reliance to keep trying again. Participants will learn alongside their peers and develop their leadership skills, in a unique cross-cultural environment, with all expenses paid.
Applicants must have at least one year of high school remaining during the 2019-2020 school year; and must be citizens or residents of participating countries.
- Ethiopia 2019: Open to eligible citizens/residents of Ethiopia and the United States
- Kosovo 2019: Open to eligible citizens/residents of Kosovo, Serbia, North Macedonia, and the United States
- Estonia 2019: Open to eligible citizens/residents of Estonia, Poland, Latvia, Georgia, or the United States
- Oregon 2019: Open to eligible citizens/residents of the Pacific Northwest United States
- Namibia 2019: Open to eligible citizens/residents of Namibia
Preference will be given to applicants who are interested in learning more about STEAM and have limited financial resources or access to other learning opportunities. Additionally, applicants should be willing to have an open mind and interest in cross-cultural learning experiences.