Applications Due 30.4 2019. Scholarship enables a female student from a developing country, where access to tertiary education is limited, to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
Amenities (duration one academic year):
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- Note: The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only dependants cannot be accommodated
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims. Further information about fundraising for this scholarship can be found here.