Nominations Due: 12.9 2018. The International Association for Impact Assessment is the leading global network on best practice in the use of impact assessment for informed decision making regarding policies, programs, plans and projects. Nominations for 2019 IAIA Awards are accepted in the following categories:
- Global Award: Presented to a leading individual or institution that has made a substantial contribution to impact assessment practice, management, or policy at a global scale.
- Corporate Initiative Award: Presented to a private or public sector company for a specific activity or project that has made a notable contribution to responsible development practice through the application of impact assessment.
- Individual Award: Acknowledges personal contributions to the discipline of impact assessment and recognizes major achievement and advancement in the theory and/or practice over a period of time at an international level.
- Institutional Award: Presented to a national or international organization for outstanding contribution to impact assessment, such as a significant contribution to the practice of impact assessment, setting regulatory standards, or other environment-related activity deserving recognition.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Awarded to a past or present member of IAIA for major contribution to the field of impact assessment over a sustained period. This is the only award for which IAIA membership is required.
- Regional Award: Awarded to a person or organization that has made a substantial contribution to the field of impact assessment and/or has taken a leadership role in promoting best practice in impact assessment within the general world region of the location of the conference for the year.
Award winners will be recognized at IAIA19 in Brisbane, Australia, and online throughout the year.