Submissions Due 13.5 2019. Award will honor initiatives of cities, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and schools that contributed or are contributing to a higher level of public health in the European Union through preventing and reducing obesity in children and young people. Practices submitted under this call must not have ended before 1 January 2016. These initiatives can be terminated or still be ongoing at the moment of the launch of the call for applications.
From the initiatives submitted by cities, NGOs and schools in response to this call, three initiatives per category will be shortlisted, and one per category will be recognised as outstanding.
- Prize for the winning City: EUR 100 000
- Prize for the winning NGO: EUR 100 000
- Prize for the winning School: EUR 100 000
All the shortlisted candidates will be invited to the event where the Awards will be presented.
- NGO category: maximum 5 representatives per shortlisted NGO will be invited and their travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed.
- City category: maximum 5 representatives per shortlisted city will be invited and their travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed.
- School category: maximum 2 representatives and maximum 20 children per shortlisted school will be invited and their travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed.