Applications Due: 2.4 2019. Awards recognize innovative, locally driven, and eco-inclusive startup enterprises making significant contributions to inclusive climate change mitigation and/or adaptation across Africa and Asia.
Open to early-stage enterprises which
- based and operating in Ghana, India, Indonesia, Malawi, South Africa, Thailand, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation;
- deliver economic, social and environmental benefits;
- have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable;
- represent partnerships between different stakeholder groups;
- are locally driven or locally led;
- have potential for scale-up;
- have potential for significant replication;
Up to 66 prize packages will be awarded, combining cash grants, replication support, self-help tools, and network building resources.
Awards are open to all enterprises in various sectors, including but not limited to: Biodiversity, Clean Energy, Green Technologies, Sustainable Agriculture, Waste Management and Water, Sanitation & Health. Eco-inclusive enterprises applying innovative digital solutions are also encouraged to apply.